Spyderco Culinary Murray Carter Minarai Nakiri Knife K17PBK BD1N Black Handle
Designed by world-renowned knifemaker Murray Carter, official heir to a 420-year-old Japanese bladesmithing lineage, Spyderco’s Murray Carter Collection faithfully translates Carter’s coveted handcrafted designs into affordable factory-made kitchen cutlery. The newest additions to this proud family of knives are his Minarai Series. Literally meaning “to look and learn,” minarai is a quintessentially Japanese way of describing the role of an apprentice. In that spirit, the Minarai Series expresses five of Carter’s highly refined designs in an economical format featuring solid CTS® BD1N stainless steel blades and injection-molded polypropylene handles. A remarkable fusion of time-tested traditional designs and state-of-the-art modern materials.
Meaning “vegetable cutter,” this knife’s unique rectangular shape and slightly upturned edge make it the perfect tool for precisely push-cutting all kinds of vegetables. The Nakiri’s blade shape also allows its length to remain consistent after years of sharpening.
- Blade Length: Approximately 7.26" ~ 184 mm
- Blade Material: CTS-BD1N Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Flat Ground, Plain Edge
- Blade Thickness: Approximately 0.074" ~ 1.9 mm
- Lock Style: Fixed Blade
- Open Overall Length: Approximately 12.13" ~ 308 mm
- Handle Material: Black Polypropylene
- Weight: Approximately 4.40 Ounces ~ 125 Grams
- Special Features:
Designed by Murray Carter
Made in Japan