REFERENCE ONLY - Spyderco Dragonfly 2 Sprint Run C28FPGYE2 Super Blue Blade Gray
No Longer Available - Informational Purposes Only.
This limited edition Sprint Run of the Dragonfly2 features a unique blade composed of a high-performance Super Blue core forge welded between two layers of 420J1 stainless steel. Produced by Hitachi Metals Ltd. of Japan, Aogami Super Blue is the pinnacle of Hitachi’s three premium-grade high-carbon steels. It combines the same superior quality iron sand used to craft legendary Japanese swords with high-tech alloys to create a steel capable of extreme sharpness and edge retention. By supporting it with layers of stainless steel, the resulting blade is stronger and the area of exposed high-carbon steel is reduced.
Pairing this incredibly capable blade with our popular Dragonfly2 Lightweight yields a compact, easily carried knife that offers impressive cutting performance and edge retention. Its lightweight handle is injection molded from tough fiberglass-reinforced nylon and houses a sturdy back lock mechanism that locks the blade securely in place when open. A reversible wire clip allows convenient tip-up pocket carry and supports both immediate access and fully ambidextrous operation.
- Blade Length: Approximately 2.25" ~ 57 mm
- Blade Material: Super Blue/420J1 Laminate Steel
- Blade Style: Flat Ground, Plain Edge
- Blade Thickness: Approximately 0.09375" ~ 2.5 mm
- Lock Style: Lock Back
- Closed Overall Length: Approximately 3.375" ~ 86 mm
- Open Overall Length: Approximately 5.50" ~ 140 mm
- Handle Material: Gray Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon (FRN)
- Pocket Clip: Right Hand Tip Up | Left Hand Tip Up
- Weight: Approximately 1.20 Ounces ~ 34 Grams
- Special Features:
2014 Sprint Run
Made in Japan