REFERENCE ONLY - Kershaw Shallot 1840 Assisted Opening Knife, 3.5" Plain Edge Blade, Stainless Steel Handle
No Longer Available - Informational Purposes Only.
- Blade Length: Approximately 3.50" ~ 3 1/2" ~ 89 mm
- Blade Material: Sandvik 14C28N Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Plain Edge
- Blade Thickness: Approximately 0.125" ~ 1/8" ~ 3 mm
- Lock Style: Frame Lock
- Closed Overall Length: Approximately 4.375" ~ 4 3/8" ~ 111 mm
- Open Overall Length: Approximately 7.875" ~ 7 7/8" ~ 200 mm
- Handle Material: 410 Stainless Steel
- Pocket Clip: Right Hand Tip Up/Tip Down Steel
- Weight: Approximately 4.20 Ounces ~ 119 g
- Special Features:
Ken Onion Design
Made in USA
Crave a larger pocketknife? Then the Shallot is for you. With its slightly recurved blade and ergonomically contoured handle, the Shallot offers dramatic lines and dynamic performance in a larger-sized pocketknife.
The 3 1/2-inch blade is Sandvik 14C28N, a high-performance stainless steel designed in a partnership between Sandvik Steel and Kershaw. Additional nitrogen in the formula gives the steel both excellent corrosion resistance and the ability to be hardened to 58-60 Rockwell—so it can take a wicked edge. The slight recurve in the blade makes it perfect for multi-tasking, from slicing to piercing.
For easy, one-handed opening, the Shallot is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening. And since it opens with an ambidextrous flipper on the top of the knife, it’s perfect for both left- and right-handed users. Just pull back on the flipper—actually a protrusion on the back of the blade—to start the blade out of the handle. Once started, SpeedSafe takes over and the blade clicks smoothly into place, ready for use. The Shallot offers a sturdy frame lock, a reversible pocketclip, and provides great looks and top performance.