REFERENCE ONLY - Spyderco Szabohawk H01 Tomahawk, D2 Steel Blade, Black G-10 Handle
No Longer Available - Informational Purposes Only.
Laci Szabo’s SzaboHawk is a modern tomahawk designed to excel as both a tool and a close-combat weapon. Constructed from a solid billet of approximately .300-inch-thick D2 tool steel, it features a curved handle that places its center of balance approximately midway along its length, making it faster in the hand than conventional head-heavy designs. This design also allows you to incrementally adjust your grip to vary the impact point of its faceted cutting edge. A flared expansion at the handle’s butt end ensures a positive grip when swung with power and transitions to a functional pry tip at the end of the handle.
The SzaboHawk’s cutting edges are flat ground for strength and taper uniformly all the way to the cutting edge. A hammer poll on the opposite side of the head allows it to be used for hammering chores and provides a blunt-impact option during close combat. Since D2’s chromium content is just below the threshold of stainless steel, the entire blade is cloaked in a durable black titanium carbonitride coating that protects the steel from corrosion and eliminates reflection. The full-tang handle is capped by full-length G-10 scales firmly attached with three sets of Allen screws. Every SzaboHawk is individually hand finished before coating to perfectly blend the profile of the scales and the tang, and the corners of the scales are also radiused for a secure, comfortable grip.
When not in use, the SzaboHawk resides in a custom-molded Boltaron® sheath that covers the entire head and secures with a snap fit. It also comes with a high-quality padded zipper pouch that provides superior protection during long-term storage.
- Forward Edge Length: Approximately 2.4375" ~ 62 mm
- Hammer Dimensions: Approximately 0.50" ~ 13 mm - Height --- 0.28125" ~ 7.1 mm Width
- Forward Edge to Hammer Length: Approximately 4.875" ~ 124 mm
- Blade Material: Black D-2 Steel
- Blade Style: Plain Edge
- Blade Thickness: Approximately 0.28125" ~ 7.1 mm
- Lock Style: Fixed Blade Tomahawk
- Open Overall Length: Approximately 12.0" ~ 305 mm
- Handle Material: Black G-10 and D-2 Steel (One Piece Construction)
- Sheath: Black Boltaron
- Weight: Approximately 25.0 Ounces ~ 709 Grams (Tomahawk Only)
- Special Features:
Made in Taiwan